»

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Poetry 9 - "Used"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Feeling Used and Abandoned

Lord it hurts.

I should have known better.

I feel like such a fool.

I gave in . . . and now . . .

I am alone.

I thought it was “right.”

I thought it would work out.

I was wrong.

I need Your forgiveness.

I need Your love.

I need Your acceptance and restoration.

I need Your strength to learn from my mistakes.

I need to release the desire for revenge.

I tried to fill an empty spot in my life.

I used the wrong thing.

I need You.

I need You more than ever.

Lord, it hurts. Please help me.

Amen.

0 comments: