»

Friday, February 04, 2011

Poetry 10 - "Body Shame"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Struggling with Body Shame

Lord,

I look at myself in the mirror . . .

and I cringe.

Do others see what I see?

Do I see what I see?

I am made in Your image. I do not feel like it.

Do You really love me . . . as I am?

Do You accept me?

Do I accept me?

I know I must accept me.

But I also know I should change some things.

Do I REALLY want to make changes in my appearance?

Do I have the ability to make changes?

Do You want me to make changes?

At times I seek to place the blame on others.

While others may have played a part,

this is my battle and my struggle to win.

I confess where I am weak.

I accept where I am simply me.

At times I wonder if I know the difference.

Do You wish to help me?

YES!

I release this struggle to Your grace.

I rest in Your love.

Amen.



0 comments: