»

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Poetry 14 - "Previously Married"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Previously Married

Father,

I was once married,

now I am not.

I once knew sexual intimacy,

now I do not.

I once shared my total being with another

now I do not.

I grapple with this almost every day I live.

The frustration is immense.

The temptation is incredible.

The pain is very real. Dear Father

I ask for grace to deal with this pressure,

but what I would really like

is someone

with which to once again

share this most intimate part of me.

Please grant me the comfort I need

to live a life that is pleasing to You.

Place your healing balm on my soul and my body.

Amen.

0 comments: