»

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Poetry 23 - " Thankful to be a Virgin"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Thankful for their Virginity

Father in Heaven,

I hold no personal pride in where my body is today.

It is only by your grace that I have made it to this point.

I thank You that I am still a virgin.

It has not always been easy,

but it has always been right.

Thank You for Your strength,

when mine was weak.

Thank You for Your wisdom,

when mine was insufficient.

Thank You for Your courage,

when I leaned toward cowardice.

Thank You for Your forgiveness,

when I wanted to succumb to the pressure.

Thank You for Your grace,

when that was all I had.

In a day when virginity is looked down upon,

I am pleased to still be one.

May I only surrender mine within Your will and grace.

Amen.

0 comments: