»

Friday, February 18, 2011

Poetry 22 - "Carrying a Sexually Transmitted Disease"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Carrying a Sexually Transmitted Disease

Oh

Dear God,

My worst nightmare has come true.

I have a disease that can be understood by very few.

It is so private, that it is known only by a few.

I must share my part of the blame,

but it does not stop the pain.

I confess my fault,

but I am hurt and disillusioned.

I lift my body to You.

I lift my emotions to You.

I lift my spirit to You.

You are the great physician.

Please heal my body if it is Your will.

Heal my sprit

and my emotions

and my mind

because it is Your will.

Amen.

0 comments: