»

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Poetry 15 - "Considering Marriage"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Considering Marriage

Dear Lord,

You created marriage.

You created sex.

I am now considering both

with someone for whom I care very deeply.

As sincerely as I know how,

I ask for Your blessing on this relationship.

I ask You to bless this marriage.

I desire for you to bless our sexual union.

I will be honest and open with this person,

I will share what I desire to share sexually,

and be open to sharing what I now do not.

I will give my body unashamedly

and unconditionally to this person.

I will accept their body unashamedly

and unconditionally

as a gift from them and from You.

I am willing to accept my share of the responsibility

for the learning process.

I am willing to accept my share of the joy

from the result of having learned.

Thank You Father that we are both sexual beings.

As long as we live

may we only be sexually involved with one another

because this is right, and this is pleasing to You.

Amen.

0 comments: