»

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Poetry 11 - "Abuse Victims"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Victims of Sexual Abuse

Oh my God,

no one knows pain like mine.

I hurt from the treatment I received in the past.

No one deserves what I received.

I feel so dirty,

so cheap,

so used.

I did nothing wrong Lord.

I am the victim.

Why must I pay this awful price?

I cannot even express how badly this hurts!

It hurts me now is relating to others.

It hurts in relating to myself.

It hurts in relating to You.

I must have your healing!

Please heal me mentally.

Please heal me physically.

Please heal me emotionally.

Please heal me spiritually.

Please heal me sexually!

Oh my Father! I know You love me!

In spite of the awful event in my life . . . You love me.

Help me to move on in my life.

Help me to grow,

to learn

to trust

to love.

Yes God, help me to learn to love.

Amen.

0 comments: