»

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Poetry 20 - "Abused as Children, Now Divorced"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Were


. . . Abused as Children, and Now are Divorced

Lord,

The pain lingers on.

I was the prey.

Now I am a casualty.

When I was a child, I was sexually abused

by someone I trusted.

The pain lingers on.

Now the scars that remain

have contributed to the dissolution of my marriage.

I thought I could just put it all behind me.

I now know I need help to do so.

Once again,

I feel alone.

The pain lingers on.

Help me deal with the pain.

Grant me deliverance from the demons in my memory.

I ask for a miracle in my life.

For, that is what I feel it will take.

That is what You can give.

Amen.

0 comments: