»

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Poetry 16 - "Temptation"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . in a Sexually Tempting Relationship

Lord,

I love someone.

I love them in powerful fashion.

Our love is real.

Our love is strong.

The temptation is also real . . .

and strong.

The desires are pulling us in a direction that

we have no intention of going.

We have decided not to become involved sexually,

but the pressure is incredible at times.

Heavenly Father,

I ask You

for grace that is stronger than our temptation.

for confidence that our decision is correct,

for a route of escape when the way seems closed.

I recommit myself to You.

Amen.

0 comments: