»

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Poetry 12 - "Struggling with Abstinence"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Struggling with Abstinence

Dear God,

I need Your help.

I never knew temptation could be this strong.

It was so easy to tell everyone

that I will not become sexually active with another person

before I marry them.

Living it is much more difficult.

It is more difficult than I ever imagined.

Sometimes

I ask why You placed these desires within me

if I do not have someone to share them with.

I know that isn’t the right way to view it.

But it is how I feel

. . . sometimes . . . sometimes.

This is going to have to be a partnership with You.

If I am indeed going to keep THIS promise

I must have Your help.

Please Dear Father,

Grant me the strength I simply do not have.

Amen.

0 comments: