»

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Poetry 21 - "Rape Vicitms"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Rape Victims

Dear God,

I have been violated.

I have been hurt beyond description.

It affects me every single day.

I am depressed.

I am scared.

I am angry.

I feel guilty,

even though I know I am not.

I feel to blame,

even though I am innocent.

I feel like damaged goods,

even though I know I am not.

I feel it is hopeless,

even though I know it is not.

I know Your love heals all wounds.

Heal mine!

Help me to get over this desire to get even.

Help me to be kind to myself.

Help me to not expect too much too soon.

Help me to trust again.

Help me to experience Your grace

when I need it most!

Amen.

0 comments: