»

Monday, April 04, 2005

Timing is Everything

A day or so ago, I read an article that amazed me. It seems that in 1998 Congress demanded a study entitled Signposts in Cyberspace that would detail Internet traffic, web addresses, email usage, etc. Look at the second sentence again, that was in 1998. The Internet was a totally different animal in 1998 than it is in 2005. Most of us were on the Net then, but no where near the way we use it now. Shoot, blogs such as this were only a dream then . . . if that! The final report is just what you would expect from a government report. It is long . . . 283 pages of stuff.

Okay, here is the kicker, and you knew there would be one; the report was just turned in! After seven years!! There is a different president now than there was at that time, and the new president has been reelected. It has taken two presidential administrations to get this work accomplished.

During the intervening years web addresses have grown from 2.2 million to 65 million. In 1998 most of us had no idea what it meant to “google.” And if someone told you to Monster your resume, you would probably look at him with a tilt of your head. My, how things have changed.

When you read that you have to realize that Internet report would have been received so much differently seven years ago. Timing indeed is everything.

Are there issues in your life where you wish God would act . . . NOW!! Yeah, me too. I have a few things (one or two really big ones) where yesterday is late in my mind. But, God is not rushing to act. He is actually taking His own sweet time it appears.

I have to remind myself, that His timing is perfect. It actually is everything. If God wanted me to have those things I wait for, I would have them. He is fully in charge and will answer those deep desires of my heart in his timing. I need to trust in that and wait on Him to work things in His timing. Timing is indeed everything.

0 comments: