»

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Making a Difference - Introduction

Last night I was watching a few minutes on CNN regarding the passing of Pope John Paul II. Commentators were mentioning the various factors which made him so popular. So popular in fact, that folks would stand in line for 24 hours to view his body. Among the facets mentioned were that so many felt he had made a difference in their lives. That got me to thinking. I began to think of the folks in my past who made a difference in my life.

On February 27, 2005 I posted a blog about a couple of individuals who had an impact on my life. That blog was entitled Lois, Kenneth & Rusty. In that blog I spoke of Lois Reed, Kenneth Munday, and Rusty Hawks. Every word I wrote was true. However, when I think of a more comprehensive list of people who have impacted me, the list takes on even broader proportions.

The next few days I am going to write about some of those folks. I want you to get to know Clarence Fain, Richard Horn, Ted Martens, Betty Brown and Paul Everett. My desire is, on some level, to make them live for you. I want you to see their face, hear their voice and feel the passion in them that caused them to have such a profound impact upon me. There is one common denominator. In every case, they have little or no idea of the level of influence each of them had in my life. My hope and prayer is that God blesses and rewards them for their faithfulness.

As I prepare to write this series of blogs, now may be a good time for you to stop and evaluate the people in your life on which you have an influence. There are some you know. As with the individuals mentioned above, you may be having an influence on someone and not even be aware that you are.

0 comments: