»

Sunday, December 17, 2017

My Journey With Cancer - Part 7

December 17, 2017 – Storms

For over 40 years in ministry I have made the same quote in various messages. It goes like this:
God never promised we would miss the storm. He only promised we would make the harbor.

Over the years I have had hundreds of former church members tell me what that quote meant to them. I have had so many actually quote my words verbatim back to me to thank me for being an encouragement to them. Since this ordeal began, I have received many cards from members where I served who heard that quote who wrote it in a card they mailed to me, asking that it  mean as much to me as it has to  them through the years. It was not a sermon to me, as many are, it was sharing a blessing they received from me, in hopes returning the blessing to me.


At a former church a gifted water-color artist presented me with an original painting of that quote, over a ship in the midst of a storm. That piece of art work has been moved to every office I have had in the 25 years since she gave it to me. It will now move from one of my current offices, to be displayed in my bedroom as a reminder over the upcoming year.

0 comments: