»

Saturday, December 09, 2017

My Journey With Cancer - Part 1

December 5, 2017 – Unwelcomed Guest

I am by nature a social person. Having people around is my life blood. I am energized by it. Therefore, over the years and still today, my calendar is littered with times together with friends, business associates, family, young men I have mentored, concerts, you name it I may  have done it with friends – well,  within reason.

Each of those events occurred because of an invitation. It is a desire to be with someone so one of us invited the other to get together.

In the past few days I have learned that another uninvited visitor has entered my household. This guest has arrived without warning, and without any invitation. The guest arrived again even though he had been here once before, only to be kicked out of the house as an unwelcome guest.

That guest is cancer.

0 comments: