»

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Poetry 1 - "Persons"

One of the things I have enjoyed over the years is writing free verse poetry. I have had some pieces published in poetry books and considered it an honor. You can read one of the published pieces “here.” I may repost it again later. As far as I know that is the only poem I have ever posted on this site. That is about to change. I intend to post one or two pieces of my poetry here each week for the next several months. I will provide some introduction to each one to give it some context. Some of these will be personal; some will be faith related; and the final 25 will be of a surprising nature that I will explain at that time. So, here we go.

Since we have just passed the Christmas holidays, I am going to make the first couple of entries some poems I wrote in 2002 relating to the season we call Christmas. This first piece ask what could have been going through Jesus’ mind while lying in the manger, if full knowledge of who he was had been his that early instead of later in his life. I am asking for the sake of the art.

=========================

Persons

So many faces

Each one different

beautiful in its own way

Do they realize how important everyone is?

So many minds

Each one thinking different thoughts

bowing to their former self

Have they truly comprehended the significance of this?

So many expectations

Each one coming from a personal bias

bringing a different vantage point to this experience.

Are they willing to see what is actually taking place?

So many viewpoints

Each one with a slant all it own.

bending this night into their own experience.

How will I get them to allow my Father to work?

So many persons

Each one unique, and loved from above

bonding with a baby they cannot comprehend.

How long before they understand?

So many needs

Each one greater than the one before

becoming larger as the night passes.

Will they allow me to point them to the true answer?

They are all looking at me.

Pain in their heart.

Expectation is in their face.

Hope is in their voice.

0 comments: