»

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Poetry 7 - "Repentant"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Repentant for Having Sinned Sexually

Dear God,

How do I say, “I’m sorry,”

and sound like I meant it? For I do.

I truly am sorry for my sin.

I feel so black,

so vile.

I have hurt someone else.

I have hurt myself.

I have hurt You.

Please remind my spirit

that there is no sin so great you will not forgive it.

You know my weakness.

You know my area of temptation.

You know I fell.

You know.

Forgive me of my sin.

Help me to have the strength that comes from above

so I will not repeat my error.

I pray to you, because Jesus died for me.

Thank you, Father.

Amen.


0 comments: