»

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Poetry 2 - "How Abounding"

This second piece of poetry was also written at Advent in 2002 seeking Mary's point of view. However, it could apply to any of us looking honestly at ourselves.


=========================

How Abounding

How deep is the sin

that runs into my very being?

It stares back when I look at my reflection.

It is a part of my nature.

I am left with no hope of escaping it clutches

unless God delivers me.

Is that what this is about?

How amazing is the grace of God

that extends beyond the grasp of my sin?

It sees I am

unworthy of this honor.

I am totally unable to undertake this task alone.

This grace makes me

worthy . . .

and available. . . for God’s purposes.

Perhaps THAT is what this is all about?

How abounding is the voice of God

that calls me

to something other than myself?

This is something I could never have imagined

No human can fully understand this

or believe it

. . . without His assistance?

Maybe that is just the point

it is his aid of which I am in need.

It is that same aid of which we all are in need.

And soon I may hold that very aid in my arms.

How abounding. How abounding indeed.

0 comments: