»

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Poetry 5 - "Vulnerability"


For a full explanation as to the background of these poems, go the my entry on January 16, 2011. This "link" should take you there.


=========================

A Prayer for

Those Who Are


. . . Struggling with Vulnerability

Lord,

I hear all this talk about sex.

I have no plans for sex in the wrong place or at the wrong time.

It isn’t so much sex that scares me

as it is just being vulnerable and open to another person.

I am afraid of revealing who I am.

What if show them . . . “me,”

and they don’t like “me?”

Please Father,

Help me to learn to trust another human.

When they have earned the right

help me to share that part of me

that I should be willing to share.

Help me break the bondage I have placed myself under.

Amen.

0 comments: