»

Friday, October 21, 2005

Africa - Day 7

Saturday, October 22

(For information on what this prayer guide refers to read post on Sunday, October 16)

I will be visiting project communities and interacting with World Vision staff, Community leaders, and local Pastors. I will begin to observe the rate of change in ministry focused projects that seek to address the physical, spiritual and social needs of children and families. I will learn a great deal about the impact of HIV/AIDS in the lives of children, families and churches. One of the realities I am becoming more and more aware of in my maturing state, is that Jesus really did care about the social issues of his day. He fed the hungry because they were hungry. He healed the sick because they were sick. He did not do it with a hook attached to it as I was taught in my earlier evangelical days. That is another story however.

This night in Pittsburgh U2 will be playing. I gave up tickets to this concert to make this trip. It is, as you probably know, one of Bono’s heartbeats. It is rapidly becoming one of mine. As much as I love concerts, this is a bittersweet day.

0 comments: