»

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Africa - Day 4

Wednesday, October 19

(For information on what this prayer guide refers to read post on Sunday, October 16)

Orientation begins for what will be ten of the most intense days of my life. This orientation will include education about HIV/AIDS and its impact on children, communities and churches. I will learn about the World Vision Southern Africa ministry model. I will begin cross cultural preparation for my Project visits. I will also begin to learn about how the Africa church plays into the fight against HIV/AIDS, hunger and other issues.

Pray that the pastors in attendance, me included, would drop our pretenses and just be real with one another. That is something I only have with 2-3 guys in the states, but how much it will be needed in this venue.

0 comments: