»

Sunday, February 26, 2006

February in Pittsburgh - Part 4: Biting Cold

This morning after worship at the church I serve, I was talking to a woman in our foyer about the cold. She said that she did not mind the cold, but she hated it swinging back and forth on temperatures. I had to agree with her. If if just stays cold your body seems to adapt doesn't it? But when it changes you keep getting the "autumn cold feel." You know what I mean don't you? 40 degrees in October cuts through you. But 40 degrees in February and you say, "It is nice out today."

I have been sitting here thinking. We are like that in our spiritual discussions too aren't we? We are terribly excited about something, something good probably, but we get used to it and it is not so cold any longer. We acclimate ourselves to it.

I have done just that on many good issues. Tonight I reminded myself anew, that my experience last fall in Africa is not going to "cool" or "warm"or whatever. I am not going to allow myself to forget God stirring in my heart to make a difference in the lives of some. I need to use my influence, to aid some who are less fortunate than me. I may think I have it rough some times . . . but come on Terry! You are at the top 1% of the world's income level! Get a life! Realize how incredibly blessed you are!

0 comments: