»

Friday, October 02, 2015

Musings on Leadership

Leadership is one of the areas that I have spent a great amount of time studying. I have read on the subject, spoken on the subject, written on it,and gone to numerous conferences and teachings on it. It was one of the items that Jesus, and later Peter, John and Paul would write on. It has quite a variety of aspects of the subject matter. They range from leading, to teaching leaders, to growing leaders.

A few years back, I began a series of posts on leadership that tried to boil them down into pithy statements that I would then unpack. It is along the lines of Bill Hybels book on Leadership Axioms. While talking about this to a friend, he challenged me to write down some of the leadership axioms I had been talking about for some time. I began writing those axioms then, and intend to write on this topic for a few more posts. You can go to the beginning here and read Axioms 1 – 12.

Maybe I will continue for a while. Maybe I will write some, then take another break. We will see how this goes in the upcoming days and weeks. Next will be Axiom #13, Higher the Rung – Greater the Influence.

0 comments: